Thursday 12 July 2012

Insecurity.



"Password."

Worst password ever.

"Welcome, Qwerty Monkey Jesus."  the security gate intoned.

I hate this place.  That is quite possibly the worst code name ever.

"Love money."  the gate again, testing my knowledge.

"Freedom, ninja writer!"  I replied.

Awful.  Just awful code phrases they use here.  Whatever happened to snow falling only in winter?  This is the worst intelligence agency ever.

As usual, I stepped through the metal detector with half a dozen knives concealed about my person, and as usual nothing happened.  I looked over at the security guard asleep in his chair, snoring through his hat.  As I passed I punched him, hard, in the stomach.  He awoke with a violent jolt, and fell forward to lie crumpled on the floor.  I made a mental note to do the same to the recruitment manager.

The elevator played terrible music as I stood in silence with various suited administration staff.  As the door opened I noticed the recruitment manager waiting to enter, and slugged him as I passed.  The various administrators stared in shock, but knew better than to confront me.  Probably somthing to do with the butterfly knife I was waving around absentmindedly.

I watched disorganised people running about as I strode between desks towards the operations managers office.  Apparently he had a new mission for me.  Great.

I looked him dead in the eye.

"What."  I'm terse.

"Your mission is to run surveilance on my wife.  I'm almost certain she's been cheating on me.  Probably because I fooled around with her sister, but she doesn't know that.  Anyway, I don't know where she is, so find her."

"She's behind you, Bob."

I'll admit, I smiled a little as I watched Mona abseil past the window and shoot him just as he turned around to see her.  Whoops.


[ This story was inspired, in part, by the top ten passwords leaked from Yahoo! Voice today, noted here: http://blog.eset.se/statistics-about-yahoo-leak-of-450-000-plain-text-accounts/ ]

No comments:

Post a Comment